Featured post

Let God be Magnified

Image
Even though the poor go hungry, their faith that God will vindicate them remains unshaken-the source of their salvation and even of life. Psalm 70 (To the chief Musician,  A Psalm  of David, to bring to remembrance.)  Make haste , O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O LORD. 2 Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward, and put to confusion, that desire my hurt. 3 Let them be turned back for a reward of their shame that say, Aha, aha. 4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. 5 But I  am  poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou  art  my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.

Embrace Peace Chief Alloy Obi to Igbos In Oyo state

 

The Onyendu Ndigbo of Ibadan and Oyo state, High Chief Alloy Obi has called on the Igbo community in Oyo state to embrace peace as a step towards an enduring democracy.

 High Chief Obi made this call on Thursday while addressing the issues surrounding the Ibadan Division of the Appeal Court's Judgment, in a Press Conference in Ibadan, Nigeria. 

''My victory at the Court of Appeal is not just for me as a person, the Appeal court case lasted for  ten eyars. I would have given it up, if it were just about me as a person. I remained in the struggle in the last ten years beacuse of the implication  on Ohaneze Ndigbo worldwide, South East Council of Traditional Rulers and Igbo extraction all over the world.

I hereby use this medium to call on those who are still in opposition to sheath their sword because it is time for enduring peace and togetherness among Ndigbo in Oyo state. I promise to be a good and impartial father to Ndigbo and Igbo groups in Oyo state.

On my part, I will work with the leadership of Ohaneze in the state to put in place a committee thta would see to the reconciliation of all parties in the ovwerall interest of the Igbos in Ibadanland and Oyo state in general. It is a thing of joy  that thourhgout the 28 years that the crisis lasted, no life was lost to it, as those who died died a natural death,'' High Chief Obi stated.

Similarly, the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo in the state, Chief(Engr.) Nudbuisi Okorie called on all sons and daughters of Ndigbo, '' and the opposing group to join hands with us for an enduring peace and unity among Ndigbo in Oyo state. This judgment is a win-win for all of us.''

In his reaction, the Personal Assistant to the Late Ezendigbo,(Dr. Alex Anozie), Mr. Samuel Ulelu, disclosed that the Ohaneze Ndigbo group led by Cheif Ndidi Ezeakor were not carried along in the period leading to the judgment, adding, '' the judgment was delivered on zoom, they never gave us any notice of the judgment date and time. However, Chief Ndidi Nzeakor remains the authentic President Of Ohaneze in Oyo state.''

Comments

Read This

Oyo Government not taking our welfare seriously-Health Workers

We want a Living Wage-Federal workers

Christians should Guard against six hindrances to Prayers in their Lives-Cleric